Investment Performance May 2008 (+1.39%)
This is an ongoing monthly update on how our equity investments are performing. Please see this background on the investment tool I developed and how I am using it to track our performance against a benchmark to measure our progress or lack thereof.
Its still a work in progress, any feedback is appreciated and may be incorporated into future monthly reports. The only equity investments not covered are:
1) my 401k which is invested in institutional index funds through my employer that I haven't found a tracking symbol for.
2) investments roughly worth less than $500, simply because I don't have the time and energy to keep up with them. I am thinking I will sell these off at some point and add the proceeds to my current investment portfolio because they are too much work to track.
- I have been able to fill in more of the 'Date Acquired' column which is the date of the initial purchase of at least part of this investment. I still have some more work to do to finish up the acquisition date and the cost basis information.
- We bought more into the financial industry with additional investments in Wachovia and an initial investment in the KBW Banking Index ETF.
- Remaining investments have be part of our ongoing monthly investments - Pfizer DRIP ($50), ConoccoPhilips ($25), IBM ESPP (payroll deductions), and Roth IRA ($800) contributions for my wife and I. Pretty self-explanatory.
- IBM has performed well. I nearly sold 100 shares of IBM at the end of the month, but hesitated. Its on my list this month to complete the sale and use some of the proceeds for our home savings goal and the remainder will likely be moved into the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index ETF.
May 2008 Investment Report:
Related in Stocks:
Chairmen Letters to Shareholders (Mar 09, 2014) Its that time of year again --the close of fiscal years means an overload of annual reports including Letters to Shareholders. Two annual letters that I read each year are those from Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet) and Fairfax Financial (Prem...
Investment Performance January 2014 (-2.94%) (Feb 23, 2014) January 2014 Investment Report: January Highlights: January was a bad way to start out the year, but our portfolio performed slightly better thank our benchmark (-2.94% vs -3.17%). We made our regular monthly investments in our Roth IRAs, and some...
Investment Performance December 2013 (+2.20%) (Jan 10, 2014) December 2013 Investment Report: December Highlights: December was another subpar for us as our portfolio performed poorly compared to our benchmark (+2.20% vs +2.58%). We made our regular monthly investments in our Roth IRAs, and some dividends & dividend reinvestments....