July 2010 Monthly Cash Flow
I have started posting our monthly cash flow analysis given how tight things are these days with our downshifting to a single income and starting a family. I believe we need to continue to pay closer attention to our cash flow while we get through this tight period of our journey to financial freedom.
So here an update with our July 2010 cash flow:
Here is our monthly update:
- Income - Fairly steady with my wife's take a typical amount for the month. She works a couple hours a week tutoring and at other kid focused businesses.
- Food - Continues to improve as we pay closer attention to our food expenses.
- Gifts - were up for the month as we bought a couple wedding gifts.
- Misc - We continue our management of major purchases via monthly cash flow. Our major purchase for July was a new IKEA dresser to replace one that was falling apart from college ($~334).
- Our Misc expenses were also up as we started the process to refinance our primary residence to take advantage of lower rates. We had an appraisal done on House #4 for $390 - the results the house appraised for $320k - yeah!
- Looking at our cash flow analysis really stresses to me how tight things are. We are trending between $400-$800/mo left over for savings/investments/debt repayment/etc at the end of the month. I'd say we would be living paycheck to paycheck if it wasn't for the additional cash generated from our current investments, rental properties and side business activities. Things otherwise would be too close for comfort.
- EnoughWealth posted a nice cash flow comparison.
Related in Cash Flow:
August 2014 Cash Flow (Sep 05, 2014) Well its been nearly 2 years since I sat down and did a scrub of our monthly cash flow. I use to do this regularly w/ MS Money, but now I find it painful to do. Its a lot more...
November 2012 Cash Flow (Dec 03, 2012) Its been 2 years since I last showed a snapshot of our monthly cash flow. I've realized some things have changed with our growing family and over the past couple years I've put a focus on improving our cash flow...
Reducing Financial Impacts of a Job Loss (Jan 26, 2012) My wife was recently notified that the preschool she teaches at for a few hours a week is shutting down. It got us thinking about a more difficult scenario for us - the loss of my job. Given its by...