October 2010 Monthly Cash Flow
I have started posting our monthly cash flow analysis given how tight things are these days with our downshifting to a single income and starting a family. I believe we need to continue to pay closer attention to our cash flow while we get through this tight period of our journey to financial freedom.
So here an update with our October 2010 cash flow:
Here is our monthly update:
- Income - I've tweaked the withholding at my employer as I'm expecting we will be due a tax refund. As a result my net pay was bumped up a bit.
- Food - Was a better month for food expenses, but likely due to our 6 day vacation with the food covered by the cost of the cruise.
- Vacation - Includes the remaining expenses from our cruise vacation beyond the cruise tickets purchased in May.
- Utilities - Covers our electricity, gas, internet, and cell phones.
- Misc - We continue our management of major purchases via monthly cash flow. Our major purchases for October included (~$350) in home improvement expenses associated with remodeling our master bathroom.
- Healthcare - A lower than average month.
- Auto - Had several major expenses in October including 2 car repairs ($378, $300) and a speeding ticket ($139).
- Cash flow took a new low this year as we actually spent more than we earned from our day jobs. If we didn't have our investments and other income streams I'd be hitting the panic button about now.
Related in Cash Flow:
August 2014 Cash Flow (Sep 05, 2014) Well its been nearly 2 years since I sat down and did a scrub of our monthly cash flow. I use to do this regularly w/ MS Money, but now I find it painful to do. Its a lot more...
November 2012 Cash Flow (Dec 03, 2012) Its been 2 years since I last showed a snapshot of our monthly cash flow. I've realized some things have changed with our growing family and over the past couple years I've put a focus on improving our cash flow...
Reducing Financial Impacts of a Job Loss (Jan 26, 2012) My wife was recently notified that the preschool she teaches at for a few hours a week is shutting down. It got us thinking about a more difficult scenario for us - the loss of my job. Given its by...