November 2010 Monthly Cash Flow
Im posting our monthly cash flow analysis given how tight things are these days with our downshifting to a single income and starting a family. I believe we need to continue to pay closer attention to our cash flow while we get through this tight period of our journey to financial freedom.
So here an update with our November 2010 cash flow:
Here is our monthly update:
- Income - Income is significantly higher due to 1) I've reduced my withholding as I'm expecting we will be due a tax refund. 2) I received a health rebate this month, 3) I hit the Social Security maximum $6,621.60 for 2010.
- Food - While up for the month I feel it was a better month for food expenses especially since we hosted a Thanksgiving dinner and visitors are our house.
- Utilities - Covers our electricity, gas, internet, and cell phones.
- Misc - We continue our management of major purchases via monthly cash flow. Our major purchase for November included a new HDTV from a CyberMonday sale ($600)
- Healthcare - A lower than average month.
- Auto - Clearing seeing a benefit of the remote work agreement I established in November. Looks like we will save $100+ a month in gas just from me working from home 2 days a week over our normal gas bill.
- Cash flow actually significantly improved this month. It looks like this was our latest monthly savings YTD, but in large part do to our additional income.
Related in Cash Flow:
August 2014 Cash Flow (Sep 05, 2014) Well its been nearly 2 years since I sat down and did a scrub of our monthly cash flow. I use to do this regularly w/ MS Money, but now I find it painful to do. Its a lot more...
November 2012 Cash Flow (Dec 03, 2012) Its been 2 years since I last showed a snapshot of our monthly cash flow. I've realized some things have changed with our growing family and over the past couple years I've put a focus on improving our cash flow...
Reducing Financial Impacts of a Job Loss (Jan 26, 2012) My wife was recently notified that the preschool she teaches at for a few hours a week is shutting down. It got us thinking about a more difficult scenario for us - the loss of my job. Given its by...