September 2013 Net Worth Update (+$30,692)
Highlights for September
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our September Zillow property estimates are: $204,937; $124,150; $298,318; and $232,719.
- Our September net worth growth is largely driven by paper gains in the stock market.
- Our monthly expense profile continues to improve while we are on a work assignment in China. I expect about $1-$2k/mo in related family travel expenses as we try to maximize our limited time in Asia through the end of the year. We have plans to visit Guangzhou, Macau, Phuket, and Hanoi over the next couple months.
- Note the travel expenses are largely offset by savings in other areas (such as utilities, car expenses, etc) so I expect to be close to a wash on our monthly balance sheet.
- I posted about our potential health insurance options for early retirement. I'm looking forward to seeing what Obamacare can offer us, but so far have not been able to successfully get far enough on the healthcare marketplace website to learn about our options.
- We continue to allocate free cash to paying down an IELOC on a rental property (House #2) with a variable interest rate. For now, with the economy heating up (and the lack of potential attractive investment opportunities), I'd like to continue reduce our exposure to the effects of potential higher interest rates.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...