November 2013 Net Worth Update (+$23,958)
Highlights for November
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our November Zillow property estimates are: $208,815; $125,814; $295,570; and $234,105 (total: $864,304).
- Our November net worth growth is largely driven by paper gains in the stock market and cash flow savings.
- November was a peak savings month from a cash flow perspective. We incurred minimal travel expenses as our big travel expenses during November was paid for back in September. The $9k growth in cash on our balance sheet comes from this monthly cash flow savings and some stock sales we executed.
- We are gearing up to come back to our home in the US in December as my work assignment winds down. I am expecting December to be an expensive month between the holiday expenses and expenses associated with our move back to the US.
- I continue to shift small amounts to increase our cash position. I sleep better at night with more cash available for future opportunities. We still have a high stock allocation in our portfolio - look at our for 401k for example: roughly 84% stocks, 16% bonds/cash.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...