January 2014 Net Worth Update (+$4,719)
Highlights for January
- We jumped back into utilizing our credit score for $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses this month.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our January Zillow property estimates are: $214,401; $129,051; $299,015; and $241,164 (total: $883,631).
- Our January net worth growth was muted this month, largely due to declines in the stock market and offset by my employer's annual 2013 401k match paid out on Jan 1st. We ended up getting about ~$10k in 401k match at the beginning of the year.
- I installed a water heater timer to help continue to reduce our cold weather utility costs. So far so good - we haven't noticed any differences so far.
- We are starting to think about replacing my 1998 Nissan Sentra. The car did not respond well to being left idle for 7 months. I hit 200,000 miles on the car in May 2011 and was hoping I would be able to hit 250,000. Unfortunately we are not going to make it, but it was a great run. I only hope my next vehicle will hold up so well.
- My employer announced a sale of part of my business unit in January! I'm excited about the possibility of taking a new role and what future possibilities may be.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...