February 2014 Net Worth Update (+$21,948)
Highlights for February
- We are in the middle of earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our February Zillow property estimates are: $214,838; $130,790; $298,749; and $236,374 (total: $880,751).
- Our February net worth growth was better than I expected, largely due to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had additional reimbursements from my employer from our foreign work assignment last year which boosted our cash flow for the month.
- Otherwise February was a very quiet month for us. We have two looming purchases in the next couple months: a new roof for a rental property, and a replacement car for myself we are gearing up for.
Related in Net Worth:
September 2014 Net Worth Update (-$14,957) (Oct 07, 2014) Highlights for SeptemberBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
August 2014 Net Worth Update (+$32,704) (Sep 03, 2014) Highlights for AugustBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
July 2014 Net Worth Update (-$12,499) (Aug 03, 2014) Highlights for JulyI just signed up for our 4th and 5th new credit card promotion opportunity this year. Since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we plan to make a little money...