February 2014 Net Worth Update (+$21,948)
Highlights for February
- We are in the middle of earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our February Zillow property estimates are: $214,838; $130,790; $298,749; and $236,374 (total: $880,751).
- Our February net worth growth was better than I expected, largely due to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had additional reimbursements from my employer from our foreign work assignment last year which boosted our cash flow for the month.
- Otherwise February was a very quiet month for us. We have two looming purchases in the next couple months: a new roof for a rental property, and a replacement car for myself we are gearing up for.
Related in Net Worth:
June 2016 Net Worth update (+7,831) (Jul 10, 2016) Highlights for JuneJune has been a busy month for us, a Carpe Diem kind of month to me. Overall spending has been up as we try to make the most of summer.I handed the keys over to a property...
May 2016 Net Worth Update (+$12,330) (Jul 10, 2016) Highlights for MayOne of my rental properties lease is ending and the tenants are vacating in June. I've wrestled with using a property manager in the past, but have a hard time justify it given the cost. We'll this...
April 2016 Net Worth (+$19,978) (Jun 08, 2016) Highlights for AprilThings settled down in April - not too much activity in the markets, not too many highlights at home.Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have...