February 2014 Net Worth Update (+$21,948)
Highlights for February
- We are in the middle of earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our February Zillow property estimates are: $214,838; $130,790; $298,749; and $236,374 (total: $880,751).
- Our February net worth growth was better than I expected, largely due to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had additional reimbursements from my employer from our foreign work assignment last year which boosted our cash flow for the month.
- Otherwise February was a very quiet month for us. We have two looming purchases in the next couple months: a new roof for a rental property, and a replacement car for myself we are gearing up for.
Related in Net Worth:
January 2016 Net Worth (-$63,181) (Feb 14, 2016) Highlights for JanuaryWell 2016 is off to an interesting start! Ive been pessimistic about valuations over the past couple years and now I'm starting to get excited. Its hard to be patient, as already some stocks appear interesting. I...
December 2015 Net Worth Update (-$15,351) (Feb 14, 2016) Highlights for DecemberWell we ended up closing out 2015 on a down month. On the surface our net worth grew $59,700 which isn't great, but growth none the less. Our stock investments ended up slightly in the RED for...
November 2015 Net Worth Update (+$13,459) (Jan 06, 2016) Highlights for NovemberIm happy to report that November turned out to be another positive month for us.Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the...