February 2014 Net Worth Update (+$21,948)
Highlights for February
- We are in the middle of earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our February Zillow property estimates are: $214,838; $130,790; $298,749; and $236,374 (total: $880,751).
- Our February net worth growth was better than I expected, largely due to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had additional reimbursements from my employer from our foreign work assignment last year which boosted our cash flow for the month.
- Otherwise February was a very quiet month for us. We have two looming purchases in the next couple months: a new roof for a rental property, and a replacement car for myself we are gearing up for.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...