February 2014 Net Worth Update (+$21,948)
Highlights for February
- We are in the middle of earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our February Zillow property estimates are: $214,838; $130,790; $298,749; and $236,374 (total: $880,751).
- Our February net worth growth was better than I expected, largely due to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had additional reimbursements from my employer from our foreign work assignment last year which boosted our cash flow for the month.
- Otherwise February was a very quiet month for us. We have two looming purchases in the next couple months: a new roof for a rental property, and a replacement car for myself we are gearing up for.
Related in Net Worth:
July 2015 Net Worth Update (-$2,103) (Aug 16, 2015) Highlights for JulyWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. I just redeemed a $475 bonus on the Barclays Travel Credit Card to help offset the final...
June 2015 Net Worth Update (+2,172) (Jul 18, 2015) Highlights for JuneWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We just finished the last 2 offers and will be looking for my next opportunity.Our properties are...
May 2015 Net Worth Update (+15,309) (Jun 14, 2015) Highlights for AprilWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We are actively working on 2 additional bonuses including the Delta Amex Card for 50,000 Skymiles &...