March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117)
Highlights for February
- We are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our March Zillow property estimates are: $214,226; $130,844; $300,002; and $234,647 (total: $879,719 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our March net worth growth was about average and largely attributed to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had a double payment show up on House #2 Mortgage this month
- We put a new roof on House #2 this month. I got a couple quotes and was to get the roof replaced for $3,300, roughly 1/2 the highest quote provided.
- In April our net worth will likely take a hit as we are actively looking for a replacement car. I've had my 1998 Nissan Sentra for almost 15 years and it hasn't been running well since we returned from China. I've reached the decision that its time to replace the car rather than repair it.
Related in Net Worth:
January 2016 Net Worth (-$63,181) (Feb 14, 2016) Highlights for JanuaryWell 2016 is off to an interesting start! Ive been pessimistic about valuations over the past couple years and now I'm starting to get excited. Its hard to be patient, as already some stocks appear interesting. I...
December 2015 Net Worth Update (-$15,351) (Feb 14, 2016) Highlights for DecemberWell we ended up closing out 2015 on a down month. On the surface our net worth grew $59,700 which isn't great, but growth none the less. Our stock investments ended up slightly in the RED for...
November 2015 Net Worth Update (+$13,459) (Jan 06, 2016) Highlights for NovemberIm happy to report that November turned out to be another positive month for us.Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the...