March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117)
Highlights for February
- We are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our March Zillow property estimates are: $214,226; $130,844; $300,002; and $234,647 (total: $879,719 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our March net worth growth was about average and largely attributed to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had a double payment show up on House #2 Mortgage this month
- We put a new roof on House #2 this month. I got a couple quotes and was to get the roof replaced for $3,300, roughly 1/2 the highest quote provided.
- In April our net worth will likely take a hit as we are actively looking for a replacement car. I've had my 1998 Nissan Sentra for almost 15 years and it hasn't been running well since we returned from China. I've reached the decision that its time to replace the car rather than repair it.
Related in Net Worth:
June 2016 Net Worth update (+7,831) (Jul 10, 2016) Highlights for JuneJune has been a busy month for us, a Carpe Diem kind of month to me. Overall spending has been up as we try to make the most of summer.I handed the keys over to a property...
May 2016 Net Worth Update (+$12,330) (Jul 10, 2016) Highlights for MayOne of my rental properties lease is ending and the tenants are vacating in June. I've wrestled with using a property manager in the past, but have a hard time justify it given the cost. We'll this...
April 2016 Net Worth (+$19,978) (Jun 08, 2016) Highlights for AprilThings settled down in April - not too much activity in the markets, not too many highlights at home.Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have...