March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117)
Highlights for February
- We are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our March Zillow property estimates are: $214,226; $130,844; $300,002; and $234,647 (total: $879,719 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our March net worth growth was about average and largely attributed to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had a double payment show up on House #2 Mortgage this month
- We put a new roof on House #2 this month. I got a couple quotes and was to get the roof replaced for $3,300, roughly 1/2 the highest quote provided.
- In April our net worth will likely take a hit as we are actively looking for a replacement car. I've had my 1998 Nissan Sentra for almost 15 years and it hasn't been running well since we returned from China. I've reached the decision that its time to replace the car rather than repair it.
Related in Net Worth:
July 2015 Net Worth Update (-$2,103) (Aug 16, 2015) Highlights for JulyWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. I just redeemed a $475 bonus on the Barclays Travel Credit Card to help offset the final...
June 2015 Net Worth Update (+2,172) (Jul 18, 2015) Highlights for JuneWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We just finished the last 2 offers and will be looking for my next opportunity.Our properties are...
May 2015 Net Worth Update (+15,309) (Jun 14, 2015) Highlights for AprilWe have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We are actively working on 2 additional bonuses including the Delta Amex Card for 50,000 Skymiles &...