March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117)
Highlights for February
- We are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our March Zillow property estimates are: $214,226; $130,844; $300,002; and $234,647 (total: $879,719 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our March net worth growth was about average and largely attributed to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had a double payment show up on House #2 Mortgage this month
- We put a new roof on House #2 this month. I got a couple quotes and was to get the roof replaced for $3,300, roughly 1/2 the highest quote provided.
- In April our net worth will likely take a hit as we are actively looking for a replacement car. I've had my 1998 Nissan Sentra for almost 15 years and it hasn't been running well since we returned from China. I've reached the decision that its time to replace the car rather than repair it.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...