March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117)
Highlights for February
- We are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our March Zillow property estimates are: $214,226; $130,844; $300,002; and $234,647 (total: $879,719 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our March net worth growth was about average and largely attributed to paper gains in the stock market.
- We had a double payment show up on House #2 Mortgage this month
- We put a new roof on House #2 this month. I got a couple quotes and was to get the roof replaced for $3,300, roughly 1/2 the highest quote provided.
- In April our net worth will likely take a hit as we are actively looking for a replacement car. I've had my 1998 Nissan Sentra for almost 15 years and it hasn't been running well since we returned from China. I've reached the decision that its time to replace the car rather than repair it.
Related in Net Worth:
September 2014 Net Worth Update (-$14,957) (Oct 07, 2014) Highlights for SeptemberBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
August 2014 Net Worth Update (+$32,704) (Sep 03, 2014) Highlights for AugustBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
July 2014 Net Worth Update (-$12,499) (Aug 03, 2014) Highlights for JulyI just signed up for our 4th and 5th new credit card promotion opportunity this year. Since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we plan to make a little money...