April 2014 Net Worth Update (-$5,069)
Highlights for April
- We finished up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments. I redeemed for a $500 Walmart gift card and a $500 Home Depot gift card which both will easily be consumed by our normal run rate expenses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our April Zillow property estimates are: $210,988; $132,782; $300,196; and $228,040 (total: $872,006 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- We bought a new 2014 Toyota Sienna LE in April! It was a major purchase and we definitely opted more for the "nice to have" vehicle to help us w/ our hectic schedules & young children. If we weren't feeling comfortable with our position relative to our financial goals we wouldn't have bought it. We would have preferred to purchase a used minivan w/ low miles, but found we could get better value w/ a new vehicle.
- I did sell my 1998 Nissan Sentra on Craigslist for $800. I probably could have eaked out up to an additional $200, but I ended selling it within 4 hours of listing to my 1st offer. I was just happy to get it off my to do list.
- Rental #3 is turning over in May so I expected our higher than average monthly expenses to continue.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...