June Net Worth Update (+$19,776)
Highlights for June
- We signed my wife up for our 3rd new credit card promotion opportunity this year. We hope to earn $600 in gift cards after spending $5k over the next 3 months on this new card. We are not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our June Zillow property estimates are: $204,801; $144,025; $309,890; and $230,522 (total: $889,238 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- I ticked up our mortgage monthly prepayments on the rentals. Going forward we are putting an additional $1,400 towards our IELOC on House #2 and $100 on the House #4 mortgage each month. While paying down mortgages may not offer us the greatest long term return on investment, from a cash flow perspective we need to pay off some of these loans before we achieve financial freedom.
- I paid back the deposit to the previous tenant on rental #3 this month after turning over and re-renting the house in May. Hopefully our rentals will stay quiet for awhile.
- My wife and I rented a small mountain cabin for 1 week near the Smoky Mountains for about $550 in early June. It was a great "disconnect" from work and we enjoyed some family time
- I had expected pretty muted growth in June, but it turned into a nice month overall. Primarily driven off of stock market returns, the only concern I had was the drop in our overall cash which I haven't been able to account for beyond our vacation spending and rental deposit return. When I have more time I'll have to poke at this, especially if our cash doesn't grow again next month.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...