September 2014 Net Worth Update (-$14,957)
Highlights for September
- Between my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we are making a little money off our credit scores by taking advantage of these promotional opportunities.We are not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some round trip transactions via Amazon payments.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our September Zillow property estimates are: $201,345; $128,493; $309,710; and $219,993 (total: $859,541 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our stock market holdings shed some of the recent paper gains this month dragging our net worth down this month. Oh well.
- We finally received our 2012 tax refund (approx $1,600) this month and I applied those proceeds to our IELOC balance as we continue to use cash to pay down our variable rate mortgage.
- We spent a week @ Myrtle Beach in September taking advantage of off season rates for a reasonably priced vacation.
- At the end of the month, my business unit in IBM was transitioned to Lenovo. My lack of site updates this year is a direct reflection on the magnitude of this effort. It has been a long time in the making and I am excited about the future work opportunities. Im also hoping that our new company benefits will positively impact our progress to our financial goals.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...