October 2014 Net Worth Update (+$11,916)
Highlights for October
- Between my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we are making a little money off our credit scores by taking advantage of these promotional opportunities.We are not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our October Zillow property estimates are: $204,473; $127,463; $296,877; and $226,616 (total: $855,429 vs $751,255 on balance sheet).
- Our balance sheet appears pretty muted for October, regaining some of the ground lost in September.
- My job feels all-consuming as I struggle to find better balance between work, family, and everything else. On the plus side I feel like if I can hang in there for 5-8 more years we will have likely reached our financial goals and feel comfortable perhaps making some unconventional lifestyle changes.
- As I settle in at the new company we also get adjusted to our new benefits. After looking at the health care options is looks like the high-deductible health care plan may the lowest cost plan regardless of whether we have a lot or just a little health expenses. Guess we will give it a try!
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...