February 2015 Net Worth Update (+$44,489)
Highlights for February
- We have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses last year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we are making a little money off our credit scores by taking advantage of these promotional opportunities.We are not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- We booked a Norwegian 7 day Caribbean cruise for $1,371 for the 4 of us sharing 1 cabin. I'm excited we have some travel on the calendar to look forward to.
- Things continue to be very hectic work. I had hoped things would normalize a bit, but I guess Im getting use to the new norm. I spent about half of February overseas. While I use to enjoy traveling for work, my demanding schedule limits my ability to explore and our family expenses actually go up while I'm away as my wife tries to manage caring for 2 young kids while I'm away. March is looking to provide a little relief.
- We paid $1,100 in February for our annual car insurance premiums.
- In 2015 we opted for our employer's High Deductible Health Care Plan. After running the numbers we decided this was a gamble we would try out this year as we determined this could infact save us money on healthcare depending on our expenses. I have a chronic health condition (diabetes) that requires high cost maintenance medications and supplies and up to now have usually relied on the highest cost insurance plan (ie HMO) to provide more predictable expense planning. Our new plan has a $3,000/pp deductible that I will consume in February & March for my health care expenses. In February I spent about $700 on DR visits & prescriptions. March looks to be significantly more ~$4,000.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...