April 2015 Net Worth Update (+$16,009)
Highlights for April
- We have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We are actively working on 2 additional bonuses including the Delta Amex Card for 50,000 Skymiles & Barclay Travel Plus Card for $400 in travel credit.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- April's focus has been on the rentals as 2 of our tenants have indicating they are not renewing this year. The good news is looking at the rental market we are bumping the rent on each of these properties by $100+/mo which will certainly help with cash flow. However the time required to re-rent these houses w/ my work & family commitments is a challenge. I am seriously considering if I need a property manager going forward especially if work demands continue at this pace.
- Our investment portfolio did well this month compared to our benchmark. Our gains were partially driven by some recovery in the oil industry including our recent ETF investment (USO).
- I discovered when creating this report, that BB&T has not processed our recent mortgage prepayments correctly and applied them to our monthly mortgage payment. I'll have to dig into this, net is this has increased our cash further short term since we didn't have our mortgage payment deducted.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...