June 2015 Net Worth Update (+2,172)
Highlights for June
- We have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. We just finished the last 2 offers and will be looking for my next opportunity.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- I received my employer's annual bonus in June. It was small, but better than last year's ($0) so a step in the right direction.
- I took a step to move some of our available cash ($5,000) to accelerate paydown of the mortgage on Rental #3. Its the highest interest rate (5% fixed) debt we have.
- In June we spent a week at Myrtle Beach for a vacation. These days I feel like we need a vacation every month. I would like more opportunities to slow down with the family.
- In June I sold a significant portion of our Bank ETF (KBW) as it hit new highs and our investment portfolio monthly return (-2.12%) was slightly worse than our benchmark (-2.09%).
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...