July 2015 Net Worth Update (-$2,103)
Highlights for July
- We have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the part year. I just redeemed a $475 bonus on the Barclays Travel Credit Card to help offset the final payment for our upcoming cruise vacation.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. As a reference some recent Zillow values for our properties were: $197,166; $136,002; $300,005; and $216,831.
- July was a relatively quiet month for us from a financial perspective.
- We redeemed some Priority Club points for a long July 4th weekend getaway and I also had a 1 week business trip to Mexico in July that ended up being pretty much cost neutral for our budget.
- I finished turning over the 3rd rental property this year in July. This is the first year I had to turnover 3 properties in the same year and not looking forward to doing it again due to the time demands. Hopefully we got good renters in that will hang around a while. On the plus side we did get to bump up the rent on all 3 properties this year.
- At the end of July I made an incremental investment in Fairfax Financial as it dipped and our investment portfolio monthly return (0.28%) was very poor compared to our benchmark 2.14%.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...