August 2015 Net Worth Update(-$44,297)
Highlights for August
- We have earned approx $3,400 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through credit card signup bonuses in the past year.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- I had a number of rental repairs completed in August including a new roof and some other repairs that added up to $4,300.
- Our Rental security deposits balance went down as I paid out 2 security deposits from rental turnovers in July.
- Our investment portfolio declined ~6.5% in August, inline with our benchmark. I also started putting some cash to work, adding to some of our investments with the recent declines in Fairfax Financial, Genworth, and Union Pacific.
- Otherwise a pretty quiet month for us.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...