October 2015 Net Worth Update (+$67,372)
Highlights for October
- With the holiday vacation Im finally catching up for the past couple months and posting our monthly reports.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- In October our family of 4 took a trip down to Florida and took a 7 day NCL cruise to the Caribbean. It was a bit more hectic vacation than my wife and I expected, but it was still great to get away and a good value for us.
- Our investment portfolio gained 7.34% in October which is a huge recovery, but significantly below our benchmark (8.47%).
- Overall it was a good month that recovered the paper losses we recognized for the past 2 months.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...