April 2016 Net Worth (+$19,978)
Highlights for April
- Things settled down in April - not too much activity in the markets, not too many highlights at home.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We have done this during the the real estate market highs and lows. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- I had a quick business trip to Europe this month for 3 days, but other than that no business travel in April! Things are slowing down for at least a bit at work.
- My wife and I started exploring the possibility of renting a house in Europe/France for a month for our summer vacation, but couldn't quite get organized enough to finalize plans. We've decided to shelve the idea for now and expect to have a slow summer with maybe a couple small trips nearby.
- I upped our monthly 529 contributions slightly to now $300/mo which are not reflected on our balance sheet.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...