June 2016 Net Worth update (+7,831)
Highlights for June
- June has been a busy month for us, a Carpe Diem kind of month to me. Overall spending has been up as we try to make the most of summer.
- I handed the keys over to a property manager on June 6th for one of our recently vacated rental properties.We will see how long it takes to get up and running. Im hoping in 3-4 weeks it will be rented and income flowing. For now we are going to be taking an upfront income hit in June/July as we transition.
- Our annual corporate bonuses were paid out in June which helped with some of our cash growth.
- In the beginning of June I took the family on a weekend road trip to visit my alma mater (VA Tech) using some hotel points. Family had a good time hiking to a local waterfall and enjoying some of the local college dives.
- I spent the last 2 weeks of June on a business trip in Europe and flew my wife out on airline miles to meet me at the end of the trip to spend 5 days in Vienna, Austria. My in-laws have agreed to watch our kids while we are away which has been an amazing gift for us. I was hoping Brexit might have helped us more, but its still not inexpensive in Vienna. Overall we have had a great trip and would love to go back sometime.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...