February 2017 Net Worth Update (+$32,457)
Highlights for February
- Stock markets drove another very good net worth gain for us this month with a $32k pop.
- I signed my wife up for another Barclay Arrival credit card with 50,000 bonus points after $3,000 in spending (effectively a $500 bonus for us). I had read folks were able to leverage this bonus again as soon as they canceled their previous card. We cancelled my wife's previous Barclays card last year to avoid the annual fee so well see if this works.
- Spending is higher than average in February primarily to us spending most of our 2017 healthcare deductible on long term prescriptions ($2,500+). I find utilizing my employer's high deductible insurance plan lowers our annual costs even though we are likely above average users of healthcare services. Still it mentally stings a bit early in the year as we meet our deductible.
- Other notable expenses in February included our annual membership to a local summer pool $500 and a $1,000 prepayment to our local electric utility.
- I moved some cash around in our taxable brokerage account to make some additional stock investments, hence the above average bump in our taxable brokerage accounts.
Related in Net Worth:
January 2017 Net Worth Update (+$12,144) (Feb 20, 2017) Highlights for JanuaryWe started off the year playing catch-up from 2016 We paid our annual real estate taxes on 2 properties in the beginning of January. We also had a large chunk of our holiday spending hit our balance...
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...