A Starting Point for New Visitors
With all the new visitors that have stopped by this blog recently I thought it would be a good idea to revisit some of the basics of this blog.
1) Reads this blog's disclaimer.
2) This blog is a record of my journey to financial freedom. I have defined this goal as a net worth of $2 million plus the value of my primary residence. I figure with $2 million in investable assets I should be financially comfortable and able to pursue my passions whenever I want to.
3) This blog is a discussion. I love dialog so please feel free to comment on anything related to personal finance. I try to update the blog several times a week as my schedule permits.
4) Also be sure to check out other personal finance bloggers in the pf blogging community - I have a list of links to some of my favorites on the right hand side of the page.
5) Take a look at this guide to 2millionblog to dive in.
Related in General:
Save Money on Overhead Garage Storage (Aug 28, 2012) With the upcoming expansion of our family, my wife and I have been discussing the space in our home. While we have a good size home (~2,600 sq ft), its currently laid out with 3 bedrooms and 1 bonus room...
When is a SmartPhone the Right Financial Decision? (May 14, 2012) I last purchased a typical cell phone back in October 2008 with a 2 year contract when we returned from China. My old cell phone broke while we were on assignment in China and I needed something once we...
Black Friday Shopping Highlights (Nov 27, 2011) I have little interest in going out and standing in long lines to pick up a few deals on Black Friday. However we did pick up a few deals over the weekend mostly online: $159 GE Front Loading Washer @...