2million's One Year Anniversary
Wow - time flies - It was one year ago this week that I published my first post that started 2millionblog! What a ride it has been so far. I have learned so much from my efforts to keep this blog running; it has truly been a great experience.
To reminisce a bit, here are 12 topics I picked out from each month I have been running this blog - enjoy!
- In August 2005 I confessed my bad (but mostly profitable) habit of wagering on college football games.
- In September 2005 I created a 3 part series on my investment hedging of future energy prices, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- In October 2005 I created a guide the lowest cost plan when investing in some individual stocks using either Sharebuilder or the company's DRIP.
- In November 2005 I exposed to the world the miracles of beer rebates.
- In December 2005 I purchased the car parts myself and had a mechanic install them to save on repair costs.
- In January 2006 I calculated my 2005 passive income to be $1,990.51.
- In February 2006 I figured my total return from my net worth in 2005 was a measly $2,045, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7.
- In March 2006 I had to establish what the cost basis was for my rental property and segment the depreciation in the most profitable manner.
- In April 2006 I finally tossed Etrade and transferred my brokerage assets to Sharebuilder.
- In May 2006 I started planning for a temporary assignment in NY.
- In June 2006 I purchased a new property and shared the step by step negotiations that took place between myself and the seller.
- In July 2006 I detailed my tips for shopping for airfare as I booked several weekend trips back home during my NY assignment.
Related in General:
Save Money on Overhead Garage Storage (Aug 28, 2012) With the upcoming expansion of our family, my wife and I have been discussing the space in our home. While we have a good size home (~2,600 sq ft), its currently laid out with 3 bedrooms and 1 bonus room...
When is a SmartPhone the Right Financial Decision? (May 14, 2012) I last purchased a typical cell phone back in October 2008 with a 2 year contract when we returned from China. My old cell phone broke while we were on assignment in China and I needed something once we...
Black Friday Shopping Highlights (Nov 27, 2011) I have little interest in going out and standing in long lines to pick up a few deals on Black Friday. However we did pick up a few deals over the weekend mostly online: $159 GE Front Loading Washer @...