Big Steps In My Race Through 2007
The year has been a whirlwind for me so far as I spend just about every free minute working on some project that helps get my house ready to rent, prepared for my China assignment, gets wedding plans in order, or work.
Here is a quick update as to where I am at with all the activities I need to complete before I leave:
1) House #1 Rental Property -- Still working on getting a lease and management company in place. I have a management company identified and the current tenants plan to sign a new year-long lease, but I have to pull them every step of the way - they are in no rush to sign since the lease wouldn't start until August. I hope to have this complete by Mid-June.
2) House #2 Primary House Converting to Rental -- I had hoped the house would be ready to rent by now, but I'm behind - hopefully in the next 2 weeks -- I'm currently putting on the finish touches. Planting additional bushes, finish painting exterior, thorough cleaning, minor staging are all that’s left before I can start showing it.
3) Moving Household -- The plan is to store almost all my furniture in a detached shed and at my fiancee's townhome. I have already started packing and throwing out as much stuff as possible. This is a activity that is heavily weighted right before I leave. Im trying to get as much done now as possible.
4) Wedding Planning -- Lucky for me my fiancee is doing about 95% of the legwork on this one. However I still need to do some things: my side of the invite list, pick out wedding rings and start registries with my fiancee, pick out tuxs, plan the honeymoon, rehearsal dinner planning with my parents, and premarital counseling with my fiancee. The invite list is in good shape. The registries, honeymoon search, and ring shopping have begun. The rest needs more attention.
5) Assignment Packing/Preparation - Visa, travel arrangements, packing, buy a larger luggage set and identifying whats needed for the next year while away. Probably the most behind here -- have spent hardly preparing for the assignment -- just everything that needs to be done at home before I go.
I have about 4 weeks left. 3 weekends are already booked up - rehearsal dinner planning, visiting wedding locations, and parent meeting one weekend, friend's wedding another weekend, and visiting grandmother the third weekend. Time is short. At this point time is alot more valuable than money -- I need to look to outsource more of my activities.
Related in General:
Save Money on Overhead Garage Storage (Aug 28, 2012) With the upcoming expansion of our family, my wife and I have been discussing the space in our home. While we have a good size home (~2,600 sq ft), its currently laid out with 3 bedrooms and 1 bonus room...
When is a SmartPhone the Right Financial Decision? (May 14, 2012) I last purchased a typical cell phone back in October 2008 with a 2 year contract when we returned from China. My old cell phone broke while we were on assignment in China and I needed something once we...
Black Friday Shopping Highlights (Nov 27, 2011) I have little interest in going out and standing in long lines to pick up a few deals on Black Friday. However we did pick up a few deals over the weekend mostly online: $159 GE Front Loading Washer @...