Cheap Cruise Excursion in Nassau Bahamas
During our recent cruise to the Bahamas we opted to skip all the paid excursions in Nassau and spent the day shopping in downtown Nassau, wandering around the Atlantis resort, and hung out on a fabulous public beach (Cabbage beach) on Paradise Island. We'd recommend this for a day in port as it kept our expenses down and we were able to have a very relaxing and enjoyable day exploring Nassau.
Nassau port terminal with 5 cruises ships docked.
Of note in Nassau from our day of exploring:
- Take the ferry boat near the port to Paradise Island ($3pp/one way). Tour guide asking for tips included - it was an enjoyable ride.
- Taxis from Paradise Island back to the port terminal were $4pp/one-way.
- Liquor appeared cheaper in downtown Nassau vs Freeport.
- We wished we brought our swim gear with us to Paradise Island - it was easy to get to the public beach where we could have rented chairs and relaxed for a few additional hours - the water looked very picturesque.
- We bought individual bottled beer directly from liquor stores and enjoyed them while shopping around Nassau. This helped us avoid buying the more expensive alcohol back on the cruise ship.
Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island
Related in Cruise Vacation:
Householding Accounts for Airline Miles (Feb 24, 2013) My family is considering a couple potential international travel opportunities this year and it will be the first time the full family (2 parents + 2 kids) would be traveling. I am an airline mile feind and one early concern...
Marriott Hotels Summer Promotion Get 1 Free Night After 2 Stays (Jul 09, 2012) While on my recent last minute business trip I did what I could to take advantage of hotel chain promotions to maximize rewards. Here are a couple summer promotions that caught my eye:Marriott Hotels, Earn 1 Free Night at any...
More Savings on our Transatlantic Cruise (Dec 19, 2011) I usually find it valuable after a big expense like our recent transatlantic cruise to reflect on the value of our expenses and if there are areas where we might be able to do slightly better the next time. A...