July 2012 Net Worth Update (+$18,119)
Highlights for July
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested our August Zillow property estimates are: $197,556; $127,038; $281,570; and $229,851.
- We continue to focus our free cash flow in 2 areas: rebuilding our cash position and paying off rental #1 primary mortgage to improve our monthly cash flow. I've decided to shuffle some of our loan balances to lower our carrying cost.
- July was a positive month for our investments and our net worth is now at an all time high.
- We painted the nursery for Baby #2 and am having some regret focusing my very limited time on a low value add activity.
- Our monthly expenses were up significantly in July in particular due to the expenses associated with turning over over Rental #2. The good news is we were also able to raise the rent by 4% on this property with the new tenants.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...