November 2012 Net Worth Update (+$11,111)
Highlights for November
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We did this while the real estate market was riding high and we continue to do it now during the slide. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our December Zillow property estimates are: $191,367; $123,188; $290,119 (which recently appraised for $270k); and $230,025.
- My wife and I were blessed with our 2nd daughter in September. Expenses were significantly higher in Sept/Oct with lots of baby expenses, but we just published a Nov cash flow analysis which I think will be more typical of our monthly income/expenses.
- In November our investment portfolio underperformed compared to our benchmark. I'll post our investment report shortly.
- We are still a stone's throw away from being millionaires (on the balance sheet at least) and inching closer.
- We finally closed on a 3.5%, 30yr fixed, no closing cost refinance for our primary residence. As a result of a poor appraisal we opted to paydown our mortgage by ~$31k to maintain 80% LTV and qualify for the mortgage. This refi will help us improve our cash flow and I believe we will find opportunities in the long term to earn more than 3.5% on the money.
- Our 2 million net worth progress actually saw a net loss this month of over $19k since we transferred a sizable over to home equity which is excluded from this goal.
Related in Net Worth:
September 2014 Net Worth Update (-$14,957) (Oct 07, 2014) Highlights for SeptemberBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
August 2014 Net Worth Update (+$32,704) (Sep 03, 2014) Highlights for AugustBetween my wife and I we have earned approx $3,000 (in gift cards, points, and miles) through 6 credit card signup bonuses this year. Our credit scores are still hovering around 800, but since we have no...
July 2014 Net Worth Update (-$12,499) (Aug 03, 2014) Highlights for JulyI just signed up for our 4th and 5th new credit card promotion opportunity this year. Since we have no plans to utilize our credit for other financing anytime soon, we plan to make a little money...