November 2012 Net Worth Update (+$11,111)
Highlights for November
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We did this while the real estate market was riding high and we continue to do it now during the slide. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our December Zillow property estimates are: $191,367; $123,188; $290,119 (which recently appraised for $270k); and $230,025.
- My wife and I were blessed with our 2nd daughter in September. Expenses were significantly higher in Sept/Oct with lots of baby expenses, but we just published a Nov cash flow analysis which I think will be more typical of our monthly income/expenses.
- In November our investment portfolio underperformed compared to our benchmark. I'll post our investment report shortly.
- We are still a stone's throw away from being millionaires (on the balance sheet at least) and inching closer.
- We finally closed on a 3.5%, 30yr fixed, no closing cost refinance for our primary residence. As a result of a poor appraisal we opted to paydown our mortgage by ~$31k to maintain 80% LTV and qualify for the mortgage. This refi will help us improve our cash flow and I believe we will find opportunities in the long term to earn more than 3.5% on the money.
- Our 2 million net worth progress actually saw a net loss this month of over $19k since we transferred a sizable over to home equity which is excluded from this goal.
Related in Net Worth:
May 2014 Net Worth Update (+$17,335) (Jun 10, 2014) Highlights for MayWe signed my wife up for our 3rd new credit card promotion opportunity this year. We hope to earn $600 in gift cards after spending $5k over the next 3 months. We are not spending extra, but...
April 2014 Net Worth Update (-$5,069) (May 12, 2014) Highlights for AprilWe finished up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses and doing some...
March 2014 Net Worth Update (+$14,117) (Apr 03, 2014) Highlights for FebruaryWe are close to finishing up earning $1,000 in credit card signup bonuses for 2 credit card signups w/ spending requirements. Im not spending extra, but focusing our spending on these new cards to earn the bonuses...