November 2012 Net Worth Update (+$11,111)
Highlights for November
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We did this while the real estate market was riding high and we continue to do it now during the slide. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our December Zillow property estimates are: $191,367; $123,188; $290,119 (which recently appraised for $270k); and $230,025.
- My wife and I were blessed with our 2nd daughter in September. Expenses were significantly higher in Sept/Oct with lots of baby expenses, but we just published a Nov cash flow analysis which I think will be more typical of our monthly income/expenses.
- In November our investment portfolio underperformed compared to our benchmark. I'll post our investment report shortly.
- We are still a stone's throw away from being millionaires (on the balance sheet at least) and inching closer.
- We finally closed on a 3.5%, 30yr fixed, no closing cost refinance for our primary residence. As a result of a poor appraisal we opted to paydown our mortgage by ~$31k to maintain 80% LTV and qualify for the mortgage. This refi will help us improve our cash flow and I believe we will find opportunities in the long term to earn more than 3.5% on the money.
- Our 2 million net worth progress actually saw a net loss this month of over $19k since we transferred a sizable over to home equity which is excluded from this goal.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...