December 2012 Net Worth Update (+$6,595)
Highlights for Decemer
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. In December I signed up for a Capital One Spark Business Credit Card that offered a $500 bonus after spending $4,500 within the 1st 3 months and offers 1.5% cash back off all purchases with no annual fee.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. We did this while the real estate market was riding high and we continue to do it now during the slide. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our Jan Zillow property estimates are: $189,928; $121,219; $291,952 (which recently appraised for $270k); and $228,995.
- Now that we have 2 houses with no primary mortgage with escrow, we paid out ~$4,400 property taxes in December.
- In December we took our first road trip with the expanded family for the holidays. We spent $406 ($287 - tow hitch, ~$60 hitch haul, $59 cargo bag) to expand our cargo carrying capacity to handle the bigger family. Were hoping with this expansion well be able to indefinitely put off having to purchase a larger vehicle for the family.
- In December our investment portfolio outperformed nicely compared to our benchmark (2.91% vs 1.30%). I'll post our investment report shortly.
- We are still a stone's throw away from being millionaires (on the balance sheet at least) and inching closer. We didn't make it in 2012, but I feel pretty comfortable we will pass the milestone in 1H2013 barring any unforseen major changes.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...