December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452)
Highlights for December
- Im far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.
- We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial freedom benchmark, but the next couple years will be key.
- In December I completed and received a $500 credit card bonus offer and also signed up again for Barclays travel card bonus promotion in anticipation of vacation travel in 2017.
- Business travel continued with additional trips to Mexico and Hungary in December. As I've mentioned before these days my personal expenses run higher with business travel so I am still looking for techniques to minimize/eliminate the impact. On the plus side I still accrue significant frequent flyer benefits so its not all negative.
- In December we purchased $2,700 worth of Target gift cards with a promotion discounting the gift cards by 10%. We do the majority of our shopping at a Super Target close to our home so we expect to consume those gift cards within 6-9 months without any alterations to our spending habits.
- Spending was up significant in December with holiday gift giving.
Related in Net Worth:
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...
June 2016 Net Worth update (+7,831) (Jul 10, 2016) Highlights for JuneJune has been a busy month for us, a Carpe Diem kind of month to me. Overall spending has been up as we try to make the most of summer.I handed the keys over to a property...