April 2011 Net Worth Update (+$15,007)
|Cash & Savings||$ 51,866.01||$ 59,100.67||$ 7,234.66||13.95%|
|Taxable Brokerage Accts||$ 161,785.90||$ 167,738.07||$ 5,952.17||3.68%|
|Roth IRAs||$ 75,570.47||$ 77,934.91||$ 2,364.44||3.13%|
|Pre-tax Retirement Accts||$ 275,583.05||$ 282,711.03||$ 7,127.98||2.59%|
|Stock Options||$ 13,948.00||$ -||$ (13,948.00)||-100.00%|
|ESPP||$ 932.82||$ 932.82||$ -||0.00%|
|House #1 - Rental||$ 160,000.00||$ 160,000.00||$ -||0.00%|
|House #2 - Rental||$ 128,225.00||$ 128,225.00||$ -||0.00%|
|House #4 - Primary||$ 300,000.00||$ 300,000.00||$ -||0.00%|
|Receivable (Payable)||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|Other Assets||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|Total Assets||$ 1,167,911.25||$ 1,176,642.50||$ 8,731.25||0.75%|
|Credit Card Balances||$ (3,054.06)||$ (2,940.66)||$ 113.40||-3.71%|
|House #1 Mortgages||$ (93,477.28)||$ (93,043.33)||$ 433.95||-0.46%|
|House #2 Mortgages||$ (8,919.31)||$ (8,843.50)||$ 75.81||-0.85%|
|House #4 Mortgages||$ (253,912.03)||$ (253,559.58)||$ 352.45||-0.14%|
|Rental Deposits||$ (4,697.72)||$ (4,697.72)||$ -||0.00%|
|Additional Tax Liability||$ (5,300.24)||$ -||$ 5,300.24||-100.00%|
|Other Liabilities||$ -|
|Total Liabilities||$ (369,360.64)||$ (363,084.79)||$ 6,275.85||-1.70%|
|$2million Goal Progress*||$ 752,462.64||$ 767,117.29||$ 14,654.65||1.95%|
|Net Worth||$ 798,550.61||$ 813,557.71||$ 15,007.10||1.88%|
Highlights for April
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers earning interest in my savings accounts, but that well has dried up for now. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new offers on 0% APR on purchases as an additional arbitrage opportunity.
- April was another positive month for us driven primarily by investment gains. Our net worth growth since April 2009 has been looking fantastic in my mind due to the stock market.
- I opted to sell our remaining employer stock options this month, hence the elimination of stock options & tax liability value, and the corresponding increase in cash. The tax liability was adjusted because my employer applied withholding to the proceeds before I got them.
- After finishing our income taxes this month, Im questioning my strategy to pay down our rental mortgage debt paydown. I haven't made any decisions, but given how we are skirting on qualifying for the child tax credit, Im thinking it may make sense to look at alternative investments (ie munis) to keep our AGI lower. Just a thought at this point and I still need to do some number crunching to see what makes sense. I skipped our extra principal payment in April on the rentals - more laziness and indecisiveness on my part than making a conscious decision not to continue our paydown strategy.
- We maxed out our 2010 retirement contributions this month in our Roth IRAs and SEP IRA.
- I do think the market had had a tremendous run and am still pessimistic about the long term economic recovery. I moved 5% of my 401k balance into a stable value fund this month and may continue to move more over time as I continue to shift to more conservative investments.
- Our investment portfolio beat our benchmark (VTI) in April (3.03% vs 2.90%). I'll post additional details of our investment activities in April later this month.
Related in Net Worth Archive:
May 2012 Net Worth Update (-$28,098) (Jun 10, 2012) Highlights for MayWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. Our properties are listed on our...
April 2012 Net Worth Update (+$2,763) (May 09, 2012) Highlights for AprilWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. We received $1,000+ in rewards cash...
March 2012 Net Worth Update (+$22,032) (Apr 11, 2012) Highlights for MarchWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. We are close to earning ~$1,000...