November 2011 Net Worth Update (-$12,639)
It was no surprise that there was some pullback in our net worth value after a record setting gain in our October net worth.
|Cash & Savings||$ 22,483.16||$ 22,960.53||$ 477.37||2.12%|
|Taxable Brokerage Accts||$ 161,520.87||$ 152,906.99||$ (8,613.88)||-5.33%|
|Roth IRAs||$ 81,195.95||$ 77,482.86||$ (3,713.09)||-4.57%|
|Pre-tax Retirement Accts||$ 276,399.88||$ 270,954.68||$ (5,445.20)||-1.97%|
|Stock Options||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|ESPP||$ 997.03||$ 932.82||$ (64.21)||-6.44%|
|Property #1 - Rental||$ 160,000.00||$ 160,000.00||$ -||0.00%|
|Property #2 - Rental||$ 128,225.00||$ 128,225.00||$ -||0.00%|
|Property #3 - Primary||$ 300,000.00||$ 300,000.00||$ -||0.00%|
|Property #4 - Rental||$ 163,000.00||$ 163,000.00||$ -|
|Receivable (Payable)||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|Other Assets||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|Total Assets||$ 1,293,821.89||$ 1,276,462.88||$ (17,359.01)||-1.34%|
|Credit Card Balances||$ (2,158.84)||$ (1,254.85)||$ 903.99||-41.87%|
|House #1 Mortgages||$ (85,407.57)||$ (82,195.52)||$ 3,212.05||-3.76%|
|House #2 Mortgages||$ (7,155.54)||$ (7,081.37)||$ 74.17||-1.04%|
|House #3 Mortgages||$ (251,417.75)||$ (251,056.20)||$ 361.55||-0.14%|
|House #4 Mortgages||$ (122,123.81)||$ (121,955.62)||$ 168.19||-0.14%|
|Rental Deposits||$ (5,902.72)||$ (5,902.72)||$ -||0.00%|
|Additional Tax Liability||$ -||$ -||$ -|
|Other Liabilities||$ -|
|Total Liabilities||$ (474,166.23)||$ (469,446.28)||$ 4,719.95||-1.00%|
|$2million Goal Progress*||$ 771,073.41||$ 758,072.80||$ (13,000.61)||-1.69%|
|Net Worth||$ 819,655.66||$ 807,016.60||$ (12,639.06)||-1.54%|
Highlights for November
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card promotions. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card additional arbitrage opportunities. Our latest deal got us 200k British Airway miles for $190 which we used on our transatlantic journey.
- As I've been accustomed too after a record setting month, we had a bit of a decline in November. We've been busy enjoying our transatlantic cruise so don't fully understand the declines yet, but I suspect my record-keeping might be off a bit.
- The main thing we did in November was spend nearly 3 weeks on a transatlantic journey hitting Madrid, Palma in Spain; Tenerife in the Canary Islands; St Martin, Antigua, and Barbados in the Caribbean, and Panama City in Panama.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions.
- We made a significant principal payment in our Rental #1 primary mortgage. Our current focus has been to pay off this mortgage loan to improve our monthly cash flow. I'm hoping we can regularly paydown approx. $2,000/mo which should eliminate the mortgage in about 2 more years. Thats about 1 year too long - its been slow going and Im thinking about how we speed this up.
- The only notable investment we made for the month was we picked up some additional shares in Bank of America and our normal DCA investments. Financials overall look very cheap to me and every time they hit a recent new low I tend to pick up some more.
- Our investment portfolio fared a bit worse than our benchmark (VTI) in November. I'll post additional details of our investment activities in November later this month.
Related in Net Worth Archive:
May 2012 Net Worth Update (-$28,098) (Jun 10, 2012) Highlights for MayWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. Our properties are listed on our...
April 2012 Net Worth Update (+$2,763) (May 09, 2012) Highlights for AprilWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. We received $1,000+ in rewards cash...
March 2012 Net Worth Update (+$22,032) (Apr 11, 2012) Highlights for MarchWe like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities. We are close to earning ~$1,000...