August 2012 Net Worth Update (+$18,668)
Highlights for August
- We like to take advantage of 0% APR balance transfers and other credit card offers for free money. We are actively looking at taking advantage of new credit card arbitrage opportunities.
- Our properties are listed on our balance sheet based on their cost basis, not current market value. I believe real estate is too illiquid to list based on recent sale transactions. For those interested, our September Zillow property estimates are: $198,475; $126,330; $283,144; and $230,899.
- We continue to focus our free cash flow in 2 areas: rebuilding our cash position and paying off rental #1 primary mortgage to improve our monthly cash flow. In August we shuffled some of our loan balances from a 5.6% fixed rate on Property #1 to 4.25% variable on Property #2.
- August was another positive month for our investments and our net worth is now at an all time high. I've been delinquent posting our monthly investment snapshot, but did refresh my spreadsheet in August so look for an update soon.
- August marks the second month in the row with a near $20k jump in net worth. Dare we think about the possibility of hitting $1m by year-end? It would be a good mental motivator to see another milestone reached.
- I built some overhead garage storage as a DIY project. Im estimating my time was worth ~$24.50/hr for the project.
- I started shopping at Aldi to reduce our monthly bill grocery.
- Perhaps one of the biggest energy saving tips I have come across is to reapply mastic to your HVAC ductwork.
Related in Net Worth:
December 2016 Net Worth Update (+$19,452) (Feb 04, 2017) Highlights for DecemberIm far behind with updates on the blog for the past several months. Playing catch-up.We closed 2016 with a nice gain offsetting increased spending. Our net worth rose $170,147 in 2016 still comfortably ahead of our financial...
August 2016 Net Worth Update (+$27,077) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for AugustOur net worth hit $1.5M for the first time in August. It took 43 months to growth $500,000 since January 2013 when our net worth first crossed $1M to get here. I signed up for a US...
July 2016 Net Worth Update (+$33,703) (Oct 03, 2016) Highlights for JulyJuly was a much quieter month for us as we returned from our overseas trip from Vienna early in the month and stayed home for the rest of the month.After turning the keys over in June on...